HEALTH & HYGIENE
How Can Your Child Be Hygienic In School?
Whether your child is just starting school or resuming classes after vacations, she/he is being exposed to germs in many ways – while playing, sharing food with friends, mixing closely with other children, etc. Germs can spread very quickly from child to child when they cough, sneeze or eat contaminated food.
There’s more to hygiene than just hand washing. Schools can also provide an arena where good hygiene can be shown at its best and habits such as hand washing can become ingrained at a young age.
We at vertex global school take care of health and hygiene of our students by taking following steps.
- Hand washing is an integral aspect of good hygiene. To eliminate contracting germs after playing outside or when in close contact with animals or someone who might be ill, it is essential for kids to wash their hands thoroughly and scrubbing their hands with antiseptic cleansers, especially after using the washroom.
- Fingernails are a breeding ground for bacteria. The germs that live under a child’s nails are easily transferred to their eyes, nose, and mouth. We Ensure that students’ fingernails are clipped every week.
- Proper brushing and flossing is a learned skill that can only be improved by practice. This type of oral hygiene needs to be instilled in students at an early age.
- A handkerchief should be a child’s best friend. Children are taught to cover their mouth and face, using either a handkerchief or a tissue, while coughing and/or sneezing.
- Regular cleaning of classroom furniture ensures a bug-free learning and teaching environment. Classrooms are vacuumed and mopped every day.
- There is a provision of RO on every floor for safe and clean drinking water.
- We have a doctor and nurses to maintain a healthy environment in the school who take care of the health needs of the students and teachers.
- The students are taught about the importance of personal hygiene and awareness through audio-visual presentations and other activities.
- Specialist doctors are invited to interact with the students and make them aware of hygiene, good diet habits, and the importance of physical activities.
- Perform regular medical check-up of all the students.